Super Bowl Sunday is filled with Nacho Cheese dip and Buffalo chicken wings but if you are RAW or VEGAN or GLUTEN-FREE try this tasty dip alternative. Made with fresh Anaheim Chiles and macadamia nuts loaded with Omega-3 nourishing oils it is a healthy snack. Use carrot sticks, cut celery and sugar snap peas for dipping. Here is a fun presentation to make this dip a game day hit. Watch out for the Hail Merry pass!
GREEN CHILE MACADAMIA NUT DIP
To make the dip:
2 pounds Macadamia nuts
1 ½ pounds fresh Anaheim peppers
3-4 fresh limes, squeezed
1 tablespoon sea salt
- Soak macadamia nuts in ½ gallon of water for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Remove the tops and seeds from the Anaheim peppers ( wear gloves)
- Add the peppers to a food processor and blend about 1 minute until finely minced.
- Add drained macadamia nuts and lime juice.
- Blend until smooth in texture, about 4-5 minutes. Serve immediately.
This can be made the night before but refrigerate until needed.
To make the Football field presentation:
- Find a square platter or use a sheet pan.
- Spread the green chile macadamia nut dip out about ½ thick onto the platter.
- Seed and dice tomatoes and use to garnish the edges of the football field.
- Mix ½ cup of vegan cream cheese with ¼ cup water to make the lines on the football field. Use a pastry tube to dispense the white lines.
- Use an avocado pit as the ‘football’.