This raw, vegan and gluten-free dessert is simply spectacular! Enjoy it with family and friends while celebrating the 4th of July, or later in the summer for Labor Day. Also, feel free to substitute your favorite fresh fruit and serve for any summertime gathering.
- 24 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Merry Bites™ (3 - 3.5 oz. bags)
- 3 cups raw Vanilla Créme (recipe below)
- 1 pint - Fresh strawberries cut into 1/4" pieces
- 1 pint - Fresh blueberries
Let Merry Bites™ sit outside the refrigerator for about an hour and reach rom temperature (makes them softer and more pliable). Smash and press the bites into a 9" x 13" rectangular pan to make the crust. Pour the Vanilla Créme over the Merry Bite™ crust. Using the blueberries, create a square in the upper left corner of the dessert to make the "stars." Next, create the red "stripes" using the chopped strawberries. Put the pan into the refrigerator and chill until ready to serve.
Raw Vanilla Créme
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for 4 hours or more (water drained)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 3/4 cup organic maple syrup or organic agave
- 1/2 cup organic shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
In a Vita-Mix or high speed blender, blend organic shredded coconut with vanilla, maple syrup and salt. Blend until completely smooth. Add soaked cashews and water. Blend again until all ingredients are puréed and the créme has a smooth texture. Makes 3 cups.