Can a saturated fat help make you beautiful? Absolutely, especially when it is organic virgin coconut oil, a key ingredient in Hail Merry’s nourishing desserts. Coconut Oil is classified as a functional food because it provides benefits over and above basic nutrients. Being healthy is beautiful and beauty is more than skin deep. Coconut oil’s medium chain fatty acids work their magic both inside and outside your body to keep you glowing, and feeling young, strong and healthy.
How can coconut oil benefit you? Here is our top 7:
1. PROVIDES ENERGY: Coconut oil is a medium chain fatty acid that is quickly absorbed and metabolized because it can be broken down by digestive enzymes in the mouth called saliva lipase. Then it is quickly absorbed into the blood stream where it is used as energy to the fuel the body, similar to carbohydrates. Most other plant based fats need to be digested by enzymes further down the digestive tract in the pancreas and liver, and are then stored as fat. Energy drains are not pretty. Create beauty from within with E=MC2 or Energy=Miracle of Coconut Two Times Per Day.
2. ASSISTS IN WEIGHT CONTROL: Coconut oil may help control body weight because it stimulates the metabolism by supplying readily available energy. This energy is generated by the breakdown of the coconut oil upon ingestion in the upper digestive tract and most likely not stored within the body. Get out the skinny jeans and get going!
3. PREVENTS PREMATURE AGING: Coconut oil contains beta-carotene and polyphenols, antioxidants that resist the oxidation of skin cells and may protect against the formation of free radicals that can cause inflammation and premature aging. Coconut oil’s natural antioxidant properties work both inside when eaten and outside when applied directly to the skin to keep you glowing all day long. Close your eyes and see the beauty.
4. SUPPORTS IMMUNE HEALTH: Upon digestion, lauric acid, the medium chain fatty acid in coconut oil, is converted into monolaurins. Monolaurins are powerful immune-boosting antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal agents that occur naturally within the body. Research suggests that monolaurins interact with the lipids and phospholipids of antimicrobial invaders. Lipids and phospholipids are the building blocks that form cell membranes. Monolaurin weakens or disintegrates antimicrobial invader cell membranes. Many lipid-coated viruses can live in your stored fat and disturb your metabolism, promoting obesity and diabetes. Coconut oil offers immune support against HIV, herpes, influenza H pylori and giardia lamblia, a harmful protozoon. Strong is the new sexy!
5. IMPROVES CHOLESTEROL PROFILE: Research has shown that Coconut oil may increase the level of HDL cholesterol, and decrease the level of LDL cholesterol and triglycerides within the blood stream. HDL is traditionally known as the healthy cholesterol, with high blood levels indicating good cardiovascular health, while LDL is known for being the bad cholesterol with high blood levels indicating increase risk for atherosclerosis, and cardiovascular disease. Triglycerides enter the body via the food we ingest, and are then used as a storage mechanism for excess calories. A high concentration within the blood stream can also indicate atherosclerosis and increased risk of heart disease. By increasing the presence of HDL and decreasing the presence of LDL and long-chain triglycerides, coconut Oil it can help regulate blood fats, improving your cholesterol profiles. Beauty is light in the heart.
6. SKIN MOSTURIZER: Coconut oil is an excellent moisturizer of skin! When applied it is quickly absorbed into skin, much like it is quickly absorbed into the blood stream when eaten. Its antimicrobial properties create a protective barrier against skin infections such as athletes’ foot, and research suggests it can help treat various skin problems including psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema. Beauty is about being comfortable in your own skin.
7. HAIR CONDITIONER: When applied topically, coconut oil can help nourish dry and damaged hair. It can help control dandruff, lice and lice eggs when massaged into scalp. Beautiful hair equals beautiful day!