Hail Merry will be at WorldFest this Sunday! WorldFest is "LA's largest green, all-vegan, music and food festival and is also the only solar-powered celebration of the environment, animals, healthy living and social consciousness."
WorldFest is put on by Towards Freedom, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization created in May 2000. Towards Freedom's purpose "is to provide people with education and inspiration to live with compassion in all areas of their lives." Towards Freedom has put on nine festivals entitled WorldFest. The festival this Sunday will be it's 10th event! WorldFest is held in the Los Angeles area and is a "volunteer-run, vegan, solar-powered, outdoor music festival highlighting the environment, social justice, animal rights, and healthy living."
Hail Merry is so excited and honored to be an exhibitor at the 10th annual WorldFest - Earth Day Festival this Sunday. Check out the WorldFest website and read the event details from their site below.
The WorldFest 2011 Earth Day Festival will be held on Sunday, May 22nd, 2011, from 10:30am to 7:00pm, at the beautiful outdoor setting of Woodley Park in Lake Balboa, CA. We will welcome our attendees to a magnificent day filled with entertainment, education and enlightenment. The combination of great music, empowering speakers, environmental, humanitarian and animal welfare non-profits, kid's activities and a delicious food court make for an earth-friendly experience that is sure to be inspiring and enjoyable for all.
Here's What's Happening at WorldFest this Year:
- Main Stage - bigger-name bands and celebrity speakers.
- Earth Lounge - singer/songwriters, jazz, rock, funk, and world music groups and poets.
- EcoTent - speakers, discussions, and displays about sustainable living and current environmental issues
- Healthy Hut - speakers, discussions, and displays about health including yoga, meditation & cooking demos.
- Exhibitors - more than 100 companies and organizations showcasing their products or eco- and animal-friendly messages.
- Kids' World - storytelling, face painting, and children's entertainers and other activities!
- BarkFest - a new off-leash dog park inside WorldFest (more info coming soon) brought to you by Blue Sky Cola.
- Oasis Beer and Wine Garden - Refresh yourself in the Oasis located near the Main Stage!
- Animal Adoptions - dogs, cats, rabbits and lots of animals looking for good homes!
- ATM Access: There is an ATM machine on the grounds of WorldFest.
- Sign Language Interpreters available at the festival upon request
- Bring your own water bottle to WorldFest for FREE FILTERED DRINKING WATER!
Free water* at WorldFest! We are pleased to say that this year we have Lifesource Water Systems filtering our water for us. Please stop by the booth for more information. (* water is free if you bring your own cup or bottle. We will also be selling steel bottles and you can get a compostable cup for $1.
We are so thrilled we will be at this wonderful event. Be sure to check it out if you're in the area. We hope to see you there!
WorldFest 2011 Earth Day Festival
- Location: Woodley Park, Lake Balboa CA - 6350 Woodley Ave.
- Time: 10:30AM - 7:00PM
- Admission: $7, Seniors over 60: $5
- Students: $5, Bike/Metro Riders: $5
- Meetup Groups: $5/member
- Kids 12 & under: FREE
- Residents of 91406: FREE
- Parking: $5