Good Morning America contributor, Tory Johnson, has just released the paperback edition of her New York Times Bestseller, The Shift: How I Finally Lost Weight and Discovered a Happier Life. Hail Merry’s Choco Macaroons and Chocolate Miracle Tarts are proud to be featured in The Shift as Tory’s favorite go-to-dessert, which she says, “taste better than Godiva”!
“I feel like what I did was a shift in my thinking, not so much a diet,” explains Tory. “Change is possible, you can go from a dark place to a great place, you can go from happy to happier, you can make really good things happen for yourself.”
The Shift features success stories from other women who said the book’s message was unlike any other weight loss and diet books. Merry’s own CEO, Sarah Palisi Chapin, shares how she changed her eating habits and lifestyle and shed more than 40 pounds. Click here to learn more about The Shift.
The book also includes recipes, including this Cauliflower Curry:
Cauliflower Curry (serving at about ¾ cup)
1-tablespoon olive oil
½ cup quartered cauliflower florets
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
1 tablespoon minced onion
¼ teaspoon garlic paste
¼ teaspoon ginger paste
¼ teaspoon ground coriander
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons vegetable stock
¼ teaspoon garam masala
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat ½ tablespoon of the olive oil in a small, heavy bottomed pot over high heat.
2. Add cauliflower and ¼ teaspoon of the turmeric and sauté for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the cauliflower until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
3. Remove the cauliflower from the pot and reserve. In the same pot, over medium heat, add the remaining ½ tablespoon olive oil. Add the onion and cook until translucent and softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the ginger and garlic pastes, the remaining ¼ teaspoon turmeric, the coriander, and cumin and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute, stirring, so it does not scorch. Add the reserved cauliflower to the pot and stir to coat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
5. Add the vegetable stock, water, garam masala, and salt and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with fresh cilantro if desired.
Carbohydrate: 4 g
Fat : 14 g